Monday, August 15, 2005

One day more...

In less then two weeks (I week from next Thursday to be exact) I will be done working at Penney's. I've been reading Les Mis during my breaks at work (I stashed an unabridged copy in my locker), which has the affect [or is it effect?] that when I clock in I have to resist the urge to sing "One Day More" and when I clock out I have to bit my lip otherwise I start humming "At the End of the Day." I have also learned everything I never wanted to know about a very strict convent and the Battle of Waterloo. Thank you, Victor Hugo. I'm looking forward to the tour of the Paris sewer system which I've been told is upcoming.

Classes start on the 31st, and I can't wait. I never thought I'd say that.
I ordered my textbooks already, and every time one of them arrives I feel like Christmas has come early.

I am in the home streach on OoE. There are two things holding me back right now. The first thing is that I printed out a hard copy of the whole thing (and killed my dad's color ink cartrage in the process, the blue is totally gone) and am reading though it, leaving comments as I go. I'm in the infamous Chapter Five right now.

The second thing is that I have to somehow define what a Seaman is. They are a big part of Amathountin culture and Vadamel is one, so this has to be said somewhere for the benefit of all the Tessarean characters and the reader. The problem is, the definition I use in my head is, "Just like the Ranger from D&D, only with water, not the wilderness." This is not going to work in the narrative. To complicate matters still further, Evi is the one who will be doing this explaining, and she is the least developed character. I know in my head what would sound right for her to say, but the other three people I'm writing this with don't. Help me out here, anyone.

-Until later,
Yami no Hon

No comments: