Friday, November 02, 2007

Degrees of Insanity

My class ring arrived yesterday, nearly a month before I expected it. It still feels weird to have it on my finger, but I'm pretty happy. Also, after much running around to Drs. E, M, and D, it looks as though I will be able to double major and still graduate in May*. If that is the case, then I will receive a Bachelor's of Arts in German and Comparative Literary Traditions with a Concentration in Medieval and Renaissance Studies. This will net me a very impressive sounding transcript, and prepare me for a short and intellectually fulfilling life living underneath the Ponte San Angelo. (See photo at left.)

All that could change of course if I ever manage to sell a book. The Conclusion to Pearl Dust has been placed on the back burner for now, with the idea that I will polish it up in December and fob it off onto a few gullible wonderful friends who have agreed to beta-read for me. National Novel Writing Month has begun again, and with that I have started a new project. 9 Revolutions starts a few months after the end of Pearl Dust with a few old characters and a bunch of new faces. So far I'm having fun with it. At the end of day two, the old word count is 5,081, which means that I am a little over a day ahead. Hopefully I'll be able to use the weekend to turn that lead into an even bigger lead. I know from experience that I'll need every word that I can get when the inevitable week two slump hits.

-Yami






*Hopefully the Registrar aggrees with the Modern Language Department in that respect.

No comments: