Saturday, January 31, 2009

5 Year Old Humor

I should clarify that this is not a joke that I have been hoarding for five years*, but rather a joke told to me by a five year old kid who has learned about synonyms and puns but does not understand them.

Q. Did you hear about the fuzzy who lost his left side?
A. He's OK now! [cue riotous laughter] Get it? Get it?**

The original telling of this joke occurred somewhere on I-35, while mom and I were taking my brother back to college station. When we finally got the joke, I very nearly fell out of my seat laughing, but I was physically restrained by my seat belt, so I settled for laughing until I cried.

Later,
Elly



*Although I do have a tendency to repeat jokes until I get the response I want. [back]
**Translated into adult-speak, the punch line of this joke is actually "He's all right now." [back]

No comments: